Sunday, September 12, 2010

What does it mean?

I see it every single day. Love. What does it mean? I can't stray from this subject. It's hitting me so hard, I can't escape it. My friend was telling me that her idea of love has been so worn down, so jaded. She told me that when someone says "I love you" to her she doesn't believe them. She said that she'll hear "I love you" then everyone leaves, and she's left alone in the dust realizing that they just said I love you to get what they want. I was cut to the bone when she told me that. It was horrible. I realized I've failed. The only thing screaming through my brain was "LOVE HER!!!" Jesus said to love! To me it feels like this nation, this world has cut love down to just marriage and sex! I was reading the blog from the movie To Save A Life and all these stories of kids and teens who feel alone were popping up. They feel so beat down, so crushed. Like someone shoved their faces into the ground and walked all over them. My hear was screaming at myself to love. 19.3% of highschool students in North America have seriously considered killing themselves in the past year. What are we doing!? Some of my friends can be making that statistic real. I feel so convicted. So annoyed with myself that I've failed. God give me grace to love... I need to love my friend in the way Jesus would love her. Unconditionally. I need to love that dude that sits in the corner because no one likes him.

No comments: