Saturday, August 7, 2010

He Is Jealous For Me... Part 2.

I started to ponder that line... He Is Jealous For Me. Let me start with this. I am frustrated with so many things right now. One of the big things is why do we reduce everything spiritual and everything not spiritual down to some form of math or science? I hate it. I do it so much myself. God is not math. He isn't something or someone we can just comprehend by writing out an equation. Jesus is not science. End of story. Except not really. Because I can't grasp that fact. Anyways back to the point. I kept hearing this line "He is jealous for me" in my head. What the heck does "jealous" even mean. I looked up the definition, there was only one that I think would remotely describe the jealousy i'm talking about.

Adjective.
~ solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: exmp. "The American people are jealous of their freedom."

Dictionary's are extremely handy, don't get me wrong. But a word like this. It's something that was reduced to math and science. Now I bet Mister Webster Dude wasn't super spiritual or anything. But why would a human want to turn something beautiful into math. It doesn't make sense to me.

What i'm trying to get at is this. We are in this world till we die. I believe God is jealous that the world has us and He doesn't at the moment. Thats what it feels like to me. I think when John Mark McMillan wrote that line, that's what he was thinking. I don't even know what i'm getting at. But God knows. Anyways. Last night I was reading my Bible and something significant happened. I was sorta staring at Psalms and thinking "why am I not having a crazy epiphany or explanation to all of this." I literally put my entire head on the pages and thought, "what would happen if I literally shoved the pages into my mouth and ate them", then today as I was thinking about I realized that I don't need to memorize the whole bible. Or fast for weeks one end. What I could do if I realized God loves me? What if I can stop reducing Jesus and His love for me down to math? Jealousy is deeper than a definition.

No comments: