Monday, June 28, 2010

What would you do if you were British

Me and my friend Sarah had this conversation about what we would do if we were British. We would do this and that then end up marrying British people and live in the country side. Why do we, as humans want to be something we can never be? Why do our minds tell us we want to be something different other than ourselves. God like us when we're ourselves. I don't like being myself most of the time, because i am messed up, I have problems, My hair isn't always the way I like it, and I have acne. But God likes me. Thats gotta count for something.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Allie Paige said...

I don't get why Jesus loves me. I mean, Im a sinner. I will never be perfect. And yet He came down to this filthy earth to DIE for me. A freak, a sinner, a mess-upper. Why? It just doesn't make sense in my head.
And what you said, i think we always want to be something we're not because we don't look at ourselves as being "special" like we do other people. I mean, sure. I have different hobbies then other people. But i'm constantly fighting jealousy. I don't get it.

Jordan said...

I don't know. It's still a mystery to me. He just loves us. If you made the perfect creation wouldn't you adore it? Wouldn't you die for it? That sorta the way He is with us.

I struggle with it a lot. You know "why is it I can't sing as good as that dude?" or "why is it everyone is much more cooler than me?" but i've come to the conclusion that Jesus likes me the way I am. He likes how he designed me. He likes how He put you in this planet. No matter what you can do or what you have.