Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Welcome to the planet...

It was an interesting day in the life of Jordan. I was in Missouri and one morning we were in Kansas City at the International House Of Prayer. Me and my sister were watching Justin Rizzo rocking it out on a worship set and as my sister sorta lost herself in God I just gazed as half of the musicians were yawning like dummies. I didn't really know why I was there. I do. But I don't. On the way to Kansas City from St. Joe there was a billboard that had just one word. Narcissist. I really didn't even know what it meant. But it didn't seem happy or sweet.

Narcissist ~ inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.

Vanity ~ excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit:

I saw that sign and kinda wanted to cry...
I've realized that being a jerk and a complete and utter idiot doesn't help whatsoever in life and in my walk with God.
This brought up the question in my brain "what is the point in not loving anyone and everyone?"
I can be a huge jerk. I have been lately to some people. To others I would just ignore them and walk away for years. My excuse most of the time for being a jerk is just being tired. But what the heck?! Because of my stupid action of not going to bed early doesn't mean I should take it out on other people. Love was given to us unconditionally, we should give it out unconditionally. Rid ourselves of hate, lust, and vanity. It's not easy. Not the kind of thing where you wake up and say "i want to love today" and you automatically do.
It's sorta like Eustace in C.S. Lewis' book "The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader." Where Aslan tells Eustace to take of the dragons skin and he does. And it turns into something beautiful. But in the book Eustace can't peel all the skin off because it hurts to much. Because it wasn't just a matter of the outside. It was a matter of the inside. The heart.

There is this whole journey we call life. It get's freaking annoying. Can I get a witness? Amen. We run around hating it up and at the end of the day we try to figure out what we did wrong. I guess you can say I feel kinda convicted when I realize this. But thats good. Because I'm going to try my hardest to peel of the skin of vanity and pride. I don't want to be a narcissist. That word doesn't even look pretty. By being vain and self centered you break everyone down to dust and ashes. I'm not a saint. I'm Jordan Chambers who has nothing figured out and still goes on hating and judging. Forgive me if I've judged you. You can help me peel this skin off too.

What's the point in not loving everyone? What's the point in worshiping ourselves when everything that was given to us comes from a man who gave everything?

Twenty-Four ~ Switchfoot
Twenty-four oceans
Twenty-four skies
Twenty-four failures
And twenty-four tries
Twenty-four finds me
In twenty-fourth place
With twenty-four drop outs
At the end of the day

Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'
And I'm not who I thought I was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'

There's twenty-four reasons
To admit that I'm wrong
With all my excuses
Still twenty-four strong

See, I'm not copping out
Not copping out
Not copping out
When you're raising the dead in me

Oh, oh
I am the second man
Oh, oh
I am the second man now
Oh, I am the second man now
And you're raising these...

Twenty-four voices
With twenty-four hearts
All of my symphonies
In twenty-four parts
But I want to be one today
Centered and true
I'm singing 'Spirit take me up in arms with You'
You're raising the dead in me

Oh, oh
I am the second man
Oh, oh
I am the second man now
Oh
I am the second man now
And you're raising the dead in me
Yeah

I wanna see miracles
To see the world change
Wrestled the angel for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
I'm singing 'Spirit, take me up in arms with You'
And you're raising the dead in me

Twenty-four oceans
With twenty-four hearts
All of my symphonies
With twenty-four parts
Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'
I'm not copping out
Not copping out

No comments: